Updated on 25 June 2021
Reading time: 2 minutes
It’s that time of year when the sun sets later, temperatures are milder, and people gather to watch what France does so well, an evening light show!
Every summer, hundreds of thousands of spectators line the square in front of Rouen cathedral to watch its facade come to life. This year, enjoy spectacular visuals narrating the Norman Vikings’ adventures. The second show features the ships that travelled the seas in search of the New World.
- 2 July to 19 September at nightfall – free of charge
Rediscover Normandy’s most famous landmark through a new light show called ‘The Archangel’. Enter the Abbey of the Mont-Saint-Michel and watch the historic walls, ceiling and floors brought to life!
- 3 July to 28 August from 7:30pm to Midnight – tickets cost €12-€15. Last admission 11pm- 1 hour tour
In Bayeux, the light show is displayed not only on the cathedral but also on the magnificent ‘Liberty Tree’ just outside it. Enjoy ten stories celebrating France’s journey to freedom and liberty in an array of vibrant colours. Pure magic!
- 13 July to 28 August each year (“Tree of Liberty” and highlighting of the cathedral) at nightfall
- From November to December each year (“The William’s Cathedral”)-From 6 to 8pm
Sées Cathedral in the south of Normandy also runs an annual Musilumières light show at the weekends throughout the summer, which tells the tale of the cathedral itself. Get ready to travel back in time to 1209 for a spectacular 45-minute show!
- In Summer on Saturdays – Saturdays 17, 24, 31 July (22h30 pm); Saturdays in August (22h00 pm); Saturdays 4, 11, 18 September (21h30 pm). Entrance to the church 30 minutes before the show.