VERNEUIL D'AVRE ET D'ITON

Tour Grise

Historic sites and monuments

The medieval tower called Tour Grise is a former keep built by Philip II of France in 1204 after the conquest of the Duchy of Normandy. It is named after the brownish stone, called "grison" used for its construction. Called the "Falconry", the ruins adjoining the tower are the last remains of the medieval castle, which was dismantled in the 17th century by Louis XII. Inside the tower, take a look at the permanent exhibition on the history of Verneuil seen through the Tour Grise: from Philip II Augustus to Duval (when the keep was a hotel-museum) including the Hundred Years' War and the terrible Battle of Verneuil in 1424 in which 11,000 French, about 7,000 Scots fought against 14,000 English!
Contact details

Tour Grise

Rue de la Tour Grise
Verneuil-sur-Avre

27130 VERNEUIL D'AVRE ET D'ITON

Phone : 02 32 32 17 17

Fax : 02 77 12 00 17

Booking

Obligatory for groups

Fixed telephone :

Type of reservation :

Direct reservation

Rates

Base rate - full rate adult From 3 €
Child rate From 2 €
Gratuities
Means of payment

Postal or bank cheques

Cash

Services

Shop

Facility

Guided tour

Visits

VisitsIndividualGroup
Average time60 minutes60 minutes