Updated on 24 January 2022
Reading time: 2 minutes
Our selection of the finest Christmas markets in the Calvados département!
Caen’s traditional and cosmopolitan Christmas market houses, in the city-centre, over sixty chalets selling an outstanding array of Christmas goodies from around the world such as nativity figurines, Christmas sweets, pain d’épices gingerbread, mulled wine and cider and traditional waffles.
- 26 November – 31 December 2022 – to be confirmed
One of the most beautiful Normandy Christmas markets is held in in France’s biggest medieval hall in Saint-Pierre-sur-Dives. This town’s market is known to be one of the best in Normandy, so imagine what it looks like at Christmas! Discover delicious local produce at 150 stalls and enjoy a variety of entertainment.
- 10 – 11 December 2022 – to be confirmed
Lisieux’s traditional Christmas market is held on the Place François Mitterrand and features choirs singing and the arrival of Father Christmas himself. Over seventy stalls will be selling gifts, food and other Christmas delights.
- 13 – 15 December 2022 – to be confirmed
William the Conqueror’s birthplace will come alive with Christmas concerts, children’s activities, street shows and firework displays.
- 17 – 18 December 2022 – to be confirmed
With a beautiful William the Conqueror-inspired light show taking place every Christmas inside Bayeux’s famous cathedral. Until December 30th, the Bayeux Tapestry is back in the Cathedral thanks to a digital and immersive experience …A spectacular winter event!
- From 18 to 30 December (except on 24 and 25)-6PM, 6.30PM, 7PM, 7.30PM, 8PM at the cathedral – TO BE CONFIRMED
- The show lasts 20 minutes. The health pass must be provided and the face mask is mandatory.
With chalets set around the famous Vieux Bassin (old harbour), this is one of Normandy’s most picturesque Christmas markets.
- 19 December – 1 January 2023 – to be confirmed