Botanical Garden

Patrimoine culturel,

AVRANCHES

Famous in particular for its superb view over the Mont Saint-Michel Bay, the Avranches botanical garden is visited every year by nearly 250 000 tourists. A site for practical lessons created in 1766 by the Department's Ecole Centrale, it became a true garden in 1799. Plants have been added regularly by botanists over the years. Closed for work in 2006, it was opened again to the public in 2007.

Services

Equipment

  • Picnic area
  • Childrens' toilet
  • Outdoor games

Sittings

  • Play area
  • Bicycle parking
  • Animals welcome
  • Groups welcome