Chapels of Notre-Dame-de-l’Oratoire

Patrimoine culturel,

PASSAIS VILLAGES

In 1475, King Louis XI founded the parish of Conception Notre-Dame in Passais. It already existed as a place of prayer. In 1852 a chapel was built to honour Notre Dame after a miraculous healing.
A number of healings occurred and pilgrims converged to the site, with a second chapel being built in 1857. A third chapel was erected between 1924-1927, decorated by a painter from Mantilly, a near town. It relates the Passais history, of its founding by the evangelist monks until the representation of priests and bishops in XX century.

Services

Equipment

  • Picnic area

Sittings

  • Groups welcome