Travelling to Normandy within France
Useful tips and links for travellers to and within Normandy.
If your holiday starts in Paris, Normandy is only an hour's drive away and all train links are given below.
All major towns and cities in Normandy are well connected by rail.
SNCF trains leave from Paris’ Gare Saint-Lazare and Gare Montparnasse/ Vaugirard several times a day to many towns in Normandy.
Average journey times:
- Paris-Vernon for Giverny: 45 mins
- Paris-Evreux: 1 hour
- Paris-Rouen: 1 hour 15 mins
- Paris-Caen: 1 hour 45 mins
- Paris-Alençon: 1 hour 45 mins
- Paris-Le Havre: 2 hours
- Paris-Dieppe: 2 hours 15 mins
- Paris-Eu: 2 hours 45 mins
- Paris-Cherbourg: 3 hours
- Paris-Granville: 3 hours
To reach Bayeux from Paris, there are two options:
- either take the train to Cherbourg with a scheduled stop at Bayeux
- or travel to Caen and change there for Bayeux
- Calais-Rouen (via Amiens or Paris): 4 hours
- Calais-Caen (via Paris): 4 hours 35 mins