SNCF trains leave from the two Parisian stations: Gare Saint-Lazare and Gare Montparnasse / Vaugirard several times a day to many towns in Normandy.
Average journey times:
- Paris-Vernon for Giverny: 45 mins
- Paris-Evreux: 1 hour
- Paris-Rouen: 1 hour 15 mins
- Paris-Caen: 1 hour 45 mins
- Paris-Alençon: 1 hour 45 mins
- Paris-Le Havre: 2 hours
- Paris-Dieppe: 2 hours 15 mins
- Paris-Eu: 2 hours 45 mins
- Paris-Cherbourg: 3 hours
- Paris-Granville: 3 hours
- Paris-Mont-Saint-Michel: a 2 hour 50 min train journey to Villedieu-les-Poëles plus 45 min by coach to the Mount.
To reach Bayeux from Paris, there are two options:
- either take the train to Cherbourg with a scheduled stop at Bayeux 2 hours 9 mins
- or travel to Caen and change there for Bayeux.
> Useful link for French train network: SNCF