ROUEN

Saint-Maclou Churchyard

Historic sites and monuments

Pets accepted
The history of this strange, yet exceptional site dates from the Great Plague of 1348, which killed three-fourths of the parish. The Aître St. Maclou was thus built as a plague cemetery. The building is now home to the Regional Fine Arts School. A glass case near the entrance contains a cat s skeleton that was found in the walls.
Contact details

Saint-Maclou Churchyard

186 rue Martainville

76000 ROUEN

Phone : 02 32 08 13 90

Booking

Without

Garden types

Renaissance

Rates

Gratuities

Services

Pets accepted

Activities

Temporary exhibitions

Visits

VisitsIndividualGroup
Visite libre en permanence - yes
Average time20 minutes20 minutes

Group

Groups acccepted