Mont Canisy Battery

WW2 Sites

The natural protected site of Mont Canisy looms 110 metres above the sea. From 1935 to 1940, the French Navy established two batteries in order to ensure the safety of the estuary and the port of Le Havre. Then, from 1942 to 1944, the site became one of the essential links in the "Atlantic Wall". Several elements (casemates, emplacements, fortifications linked by a 250m gallery...) remain to this day.
Free guided and commented tours from April to October at 2.30pm (tour lasts: 2 hours):
- 18th and 25th April
- 7th and 16th May
- 6th June
- 4th, 11th, 18th and 25th July
- 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd and 29th August
- 24th October
Meeting point on the square at the "Belvedere".
Contact details

Mont Canisy Battery

Le Mont Canisy


Phone : 02 31 87 91 14




Coach Parking


Average time120 minutes -
Further informationFree access to the site all the year. Free tour provided by volunteers (the association accepts donations). Non-guided visit: 1 hr. Guided visit in F or GB: 2 hrs. -


Coach parking
Groups acccepted
Minimum number of people 15
The protected natural site of Mont Canisy towers 110m above sea level. Between 1942 and 1944, the site became an important brick in the Atlantic Wall.