LES ANDELYS

Eglise Saint-Sauveur

Religious buildings

In the heart of the Petit-Andely, a small village whose origins go back to the construction of Château Gaillard by Richard the Lionheart, take time to visit Saint Sauveur's Church. Its construction started in 1220 at the request of the fishermen, wine-growers and craftsmen of the Petit-Andely, who were tired of walking to Notre-Dame's Church to pray. It houses beautiful statues from the 16th and 17th centuries, a retable from Mortemer Abbey as well as a pipe organ made by Robert Ingoult in 1674 - the oldest one in France that is still in working order. The 47-metre high (154 ft.) wood and slate spire draws an impressive, slender silhouette and shapes the identity of the Petit-Andely neighbourhood.
Contact details

Eglise Saint-Sauveur

Place Saint Sauveur

27700 LES ANDELYS

Phone : 02 32 54 41 93

Fax : 02 32 54 41 93

Booking

Obligatory for groups

Booking deadline : For a guided tour

Fixed telephone :

Type of reservation :

Central reservation

Rates

Gratuities
Means of payment

Postal or bank cheques

Cash

Activities

Supervised learning activity

Learning activity

Facility

Guided tour

Coach Parking

Visits

VisitsIndividualGroup
Visite libre en permanence - yes
Visite guidées sur demande - yes
Average time - 45 minutes

Group

Coach parking
Groups acccepted
Minimum number of people 1
Maximum number of people 30
Car park located at the entrance of the town, close to the bridge.

Further information

Environment : In town