EU

Château-Musée Louis-Philippe

Chateaux

The present château was begun in 1578 by Henri de Guise and Catherine de Clèves, and completed by La Grande Mademoiselle, cousin to King Louis XIV, in 1665. In the 19th century it became King Louis- Philippe’s summer residence, where he was twice host to Queen Victoria. The château now houses the Musée Louis-Philippe, and commemorates its successive royal owners in its collections of furniture, tableware and paintings, and in its restored interiors. The actual decoration was created by the famous architect Eugène Viollet-le-Duc, who had already worked on the château de Pierrefonds and Notre Dame de Paris. The rose garden and the small park are also open to the public.
Contact details

Château-Musée Louis-Philippe

Place Isabelle d'Orléans et Bragance

76260 EU

Access

Railway station

Road (national / departmental)

Phone : 02 35 04 10 14

Fax : 02 35 83 15 23

Booking

Recommended for groups

Type of reservation :

Direct reservation

Labels

Labels

  • Normandy Sites and Monuments Club
  • Rates

    Base rate - full rate adult From 5 €
    Student rate From 2 €
    Child rate From 2 €
    Gratuities

    Discount - maximum age : 6 years old

    Rate for adult group From 4,50 €
    School group rate From 1,50 €
    Means of payment

    Postal or bank cheques

    Holiday vouchers

    Cash

    Services

    Audio guide

    Shop

    Activities

    Supervised learning activity

    Learning activity

    Facility

    Guided tour

    Educational visits

    Coach Parking

    Visits

    VisitsIndividualGroup
    Visite guidées sur demande - yes
    Average time45 minutes90 minutes

    Group

    Coach parking
    Groups acccepted
    Minimum number of people 11
    Maximum number of people 25

    Further information

    Environment : In the town centre