GAILLON

Château de Gaillon

Chateaux

The Château de Gaillon is considered to be the first Renaissance château in the Seine valley. Built between 1498 and 1510, it is the most remarkable example of the combination of Gothic and Italian Renaissance architecture. The chateau was made famous by the Cardinal Georges d'Amboise, a forerunner of the development of Italian Renaissance in France. It would be dismantled during the French Revolution. Extensive restoration works have been carried out for 40 years. Since 2011, the château has been opened to the public.
Contact details

Château de Gaillon

Allée du Château

27600 GAILLON

Phone : 02 32 53 86 40

Fax : 02 32 53 90 17

Booking

Obligatory for groups

Fixed telephone :

Telefax / fax :

Type of reservation :

Direct reservation

Garden types

Renaissance

Labels

Labels

  • Normandy Sites and Monuments Club
  • Rates

    Means of payment

    Postal or bank cheques

    Cash

    Services

    Shop

    Activities

    Specific theme activities

    Temporary exhibitions

    Facility

    Guided tour

    Educational visits

    Covered picnic area

    Visits

    VisitsIndividualGroup
    Average time75 minutes75 minutes

    Group

    Guided tours organised on request. Special guided tours for school groups.