BALLEROY-SUR-DROME

Château de Balleroy

Chateaux

Built in 1631 by the architect François Mansart, the Château de Balleroy was owned by the Balleroy family until it was purchased by Malcolm S. Forbes in 1970. Visits of the castle grounds. Visit in French or English lasts 45 minutes.
Contact details

Château de Balleroy

BALLEROY

14490 BALLEROY-SUR-DROME

Phone : 02 31 21 06 76

Labels

Labels

  • Normandy Sites and Monuments Club
  • Rates

    Base rate - full rate adult from 7 at 9 €
    Child rate from 5,50 at 6,50 €
    Gratuities

    Discount - maximum age : 7 years old

    Rate for adult group From 6 €
    School group rate From 4 €
    Rate for adult group From 7,50 €

    (chateau + museum + parks)

    School group rate From 5 €

    (chateau + museum + parks)

    Rate for adult group From 3 €
    Means of payment

    American Express

    Carte bleue

    Holiday vouchers

    Visa

    Opening times

    Open from 10.45am to 6pm. From April 1st to June 30th and from September 1st to 30th from wednesdays to sundays. Daily on July and August.

    Services

    Shop

    Facility

    Bar, cafeteria, tea room

    Coach Parking

    Visits

    VisitsIndividualGroup
    Further informationGuided tours of the chateau in F or GB: 50min. Non-guided visit of the museum: 1h15min. -

    Group

    Coach parking
    Groups acccepted
    Minimum number of people 20
    Built in 1631 by the famous architect Francois Mansart, the Balleroy castle and the surrounding village was one of the very first examples of town planning which in turn inspired other castles namely Versailles. In 1970, Malcom S Forbes the American Press baron, bought the castle and proceeded to entirely renovate and refurnish it. In one of the adjoining buildings you will find a hot air balloon museum tracing their history from the Montgolfier brothers to the modern gas filled models. Meals may be taken in the castle’s old kitchens as part of the visit.