SAINT-JOUIN-BRUNEVAL

Bruneval Memorial

WW2 Sites

Pets accepted
Enjoy an outdoor history lesson of one of the most daring operations by the Allied during the Second World War. The Bruneval Memorial is located at the exact spot where one of the stages of Operation Biting took place on 27th and 28th February 1942: the German defences prevented access to the beach. A first memorial was inaugurated on 30th March 1947 by General De Gaulle. It has been redesigned in 1975 and completed two years later with a staircase named Charles De Gaulle. It was inaugurated in June 2012 by Kenneth Holden, one of the last veterans of the raid. This memorial has been imagined by the association Bruneval 42, designed by the architect Bruno Saas and carried out by the town hall of Saint-Jouin-Bruneval.
Contact details

Bruneval Memorial

Chemin André Haraux

76280 SAINT-JOUIN-BRUNEVAL

Phone : 02 35 13 10 10

Mobile phone : 06 89 51 47 97

Rates

Gratuities

Services

Pets accepted

Facility

Educational visits

Guided tour

Coach Parking

Visits

VisitsIndividualGroup
Visite libre en permanence - yes
Visite guidées sur demande - yes
Average time30 minutes30 minutes

Group

Coach parking
Groups acccepted
Minimum number of people 10
Maximum number of people 30