CHAMBOIS

Avrilly Medieval Fortress

Other sites and monuments

Pets accepted
Close to Evreux, remains of a medieval fortress dating from the year one thousand in Normandy. The Castle of Avrilly has guarded the eastern steps to the Duchy of Normandy since the 12th century. Destroyed circa 1378 and converted into a stately farm at the end of the 15th century, important remnants can still be seen today including the typical Anglo-Norman keep, the shell-keep. The association “Les Amis du Donjon” is involved in maintaining and enhancing the site thus organising special open days as well as guided tours for groups, schools and families. In the 11th century, the Estate of Avrilly was given by Rollo, the leader of the Vikings, to one of his companions, Bernard le Danois, ancestor of the Harcourt family.
Contact details

Avrilly Medieval Fortress

24 rue des Chênes
Avrilly

27240 CHAMBOIS

Mobile phone : 06 10 35 37 92

Booking

Obligatory for individualsObligatory for groups

Cellular telephone :

Type of reservation :

Direct reservation

Rates

Means of payment

Postal or bank cheques

Cash

Services

Pets accepted

Activities

Learning activity

Supervised learning activity

Facility

Guided tour

Coach Parking

Covered picnic area

Visits

VisitsIndividualGroup
Visite guidées sur demande - yes
Average time60 minutes120 minutes

Group

Coach parking
Groups acccepted
Minimum number of people 15
Maximum number of people 50