Many famous public figures will be attending the forum this year, including 5 Nobel Prize winners!
• Mohammed ElBaradei, an Egyptian diplomat and poli- tician, winner of the Nobel Peace Prize in 2005 with the International Atomic Energy Agency, of which he was the Director General, for their efforts to prohibit the use of nuclear energy for military purposes and to ensure that nuclear energy is used for peaceful purposes in the safest possible way.
• Leymah Gbowee, Liberian social worker and activist for peace in Africa, joint winner of the Nobel Peace Prize in 2011, with Ellen Johnson Sirleaf and Tawakkol Karman for their struggle for the safety of women and for women's rights to full participation in peace-building work.
• José Manuel Ramos-Horta, East Timorese politician, winner of the Nobel Peace Prize in 1996, with Carlos Filipe Ximenes Belo, for their work to find a just and peaceful solution to the conflict in East Timor.
• Denis Mukwege, joint winner of the 2018 Nobel Peace Prize with Nadia Murad. They were recognised for their fight against the use of “sexual violence as a weapon of war” in conflicts. Denis Mukwege is a gynaecologist, known in the international community as the “man who repairs women”.
• Jody Williams, an American professor, winner of the No- bel Peace Prize in 1997, with the International Campaign to Ban Landmines for their work to ban and destroy landmines.