Normandy Impressionist Festival 2016
The third edition of the Festival Normandie Impressionniste will take place from 16th April to 26th September 2016 with Impressionist portraits as its central theme.
The Normandy Impressionist Festival is now an established event in the Normandy calendar.
A wide variety of events will happen in 2016 all over Normandy from fine art exhibitions to luncheons on the grass, sound and light shows to musical concerts.
The central theme of the 2016 edition will be Impressionist portraits.
Major exhibitions will be held in:
- Rouen, Musée des Beaux Arts, Scenes of Impressionist Life, 16th April - 26th September
- Caen, Musée des Beaux Arts, Frits Thaulow (1847 - 1906), Landscapist by Nature, 16th April - 26th September
- Honfleur, Musée Eugène Boudin, Being Young at the Time of the Impressionists (1860 - 1910), 25th June - 3rd October
- Le Havre, MuMa, André Malraux Museum of Modern Art, The Studio of Light: Portrait of Eugène Boudin, 16th April - 26th September
- Giverny, Musée des Impressionnismes, Gustave Caillebotte, Painter and Gardener, 24th March - 3rd July then Sorolla and Paris, 14th July - 6th November.
A short film about Impressionism 'Impressions of Normandy'